Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tree Oh Six

Tree Oh Six. It's not just the number on my house or a way to express my address in Heynabonics. It is a new start in: life, health, and happiness. 


Our New Home 
To move into our new home, we went through quite the ordeal. I don't think I can adequately recommend anyone buy or sell their home right now. I can go on-and-on about how awful the housing market is, how you will end up losing money, and how the paperwork for getting a loan is harder than running a marathon. If I had the choice today, I'd rather run a marathon in the desert, barefoot, than go through that ever again.


It must be said, I never felt more stress in my entire life. I tried my best to not let my life suffer too much, but the stress was out of control. One area of my life I completely neglected was my health. During this whole process, I completely stopped juicing. In March, actually ended up getting pneumonia with a sinus infection which lasted until June. I not only ate very unhealthy foods, I ate fast food take-out regularly. I could tell you about the mashed potato incident at KFC but I am sure there is a very traumatized KFC worker out there somewhere who could give you the details. Ultimately, I put on so much weight and my skin became so gross. On top of this, I developed a knot in my back about the size of a golf ball that I am still trying to get out. 


So was all of this stress worth it? I question that sometimes. The only thing I can do now is really reap the benefits of my new home and enjoy every square inch of it! I absolutely love it for some many reasons. But, the number one reason why I love it is because the former owners built raised garden beds!!


Welcome to 306


Summers' Garden
We were in the house exactly 14 days when I told Jonny that we were going to put in the garden. We had so many boxes to unpack and we didn't even have curtains to hang, but I wanted to prepare for reversing the stress in my body. After planting our garden in grueling 92 degree heat, I cashed in my birthday gift-certificate for a hot stone massage. Ahh. Well needed.


And now, the first step - again- towards a juicing lifestyle. Earlier this morning I re-read my blog entries from my other juicing experiences. Reading them was like a surreal out-of-body experience. Did I really feel that good about myself? Did I really feel that healthy? Did the weight really seem to melt off? I honestly thought I was joking. 


But it was true. It was true then and it is true now. It's just that I am so far removed from the person I enjoyed being that  I have to work extra hard to get back there. Another thing I noticed from my old blogs, that is wasn't easy then either. 


So, here's to a new home, a new life, and returning back to the place I started -- healthy and happy. 





2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading your blogs! Keep them coming! As an on the wagon, off the wagon, juicer, your words inspire me to focus and embrace the amazing feelings this lifestyle brings with it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete