Monday, July 25, 2011

The Human Juicer, Day 3

So, what happened to day 2? Good question. I would love to answer this one for you, except, I think I have selective memory and I blocked it out. If you ever decided to go on a juice diet, you might want to do the same; and, here are some more tips for you: don't watch tv (too many food commercials), don't do this diet with your spouse and look for sympathy (you are both equally miserable), don't plan on exercising (you will have no energy), and don't, whatever you do, order pizza (don't give up!).

Day 3 started off far worse than it ended. I woke up with incredible leg cramps from the waist down. At one point, I actually thought that I was starving to death, so I Googled "starvation mode" just to make sure I was ok. When I did this, pictures of little kids from Ethiopia came up, and I realized, I was overreacting just a tad. I started the day off with a grapefruit and apple juice. That fought off the hunger for most of the morning. For lunch, I made my famous "Tomato Salad." (Yes, you can eat any and all raw fruits and veggies) This salad has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid, and making it was my way of rebelling against the Juice. It was about this time that I became very angry at the Juice. Every-time I would think about making a veggie one, I gagged. But my will power was too strong to break the diet. The result was that I became very hungry!

Jonny came home from work ready to tackle a burger. I think he was imagining coming home to the the grill fired up with a London broil, mashed potatoes, and veg. What he got instead was my will-power winning the battle of Will-power vs. Juice. So, that's pretty much how to describe Day 3: Juice-0, Michelle-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment