Monday, January 2, 2012

I'd juice in the morning

"Don't mess with my morning routine." I think that was my response to Jonny's suggestion to buying a house with one full bathroom. My morning routine is sacred. Don't mess with it.
Wake-bathroom-teeth-shower-makeup-hair-coffee/dogs/banana.

I have been performing this way for years, and my system is down to a science.

Enter juicing.

Ah@$nalkh!!!***##&!*!

Juicing after-school is a cinch. I can choose my veggies or fruit, leisurely chop, and relax in my big cozy chair as I sip the goodness. Juicing during the summer is even better - no schedule, no hunger! I can juice whenever. Juicing with a job - not so fun.

I am working on creating a better morning routine to get the freshest juice possible. Although I can make my juice the night before, sometimes I like to make a large batch in the morning for my breakfast and lunch.

Here are some Juice Routine-Buster tips:

  • Pick out your ingredients the night before
  • Chop and peel anything that needs it
  • Put everything on 1 plate or in a big bowl so you do not have to keep going back into the fridge
  • Have your clean juice cup near your juicer 
  • Put the bag in the reserve tank so clean up is easy
  • Put a dry towel on the counter so when you wash the juicer, you can just set the clean parts out to air dry 
I timed myself with this process this morning. It took about 9 min. in total. If I can avoid hitting the snooze button, I will have fresh juice every morning. 

Day 2 Juice Recipes

Morning Goodness
2 grapefruits
2 oranges
1 banana
4-5 strawberries 

Yum. 


Green Grass
2 apples
2 long carrots
1 large handful kale
2 small red potatoes

Tastes like I licked a lawnmower, but not offensive. Maybe skip potatoes next time and add another apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment